Your CHANCE TO HELP ‘CHANCE’
Could you raise some money or knit a doll or two? Whether you are home-based or planning a trip to Nepal, if you have a gift, some time or some ideas, CHANCE for NEPAL would love to hear from you!
Gifts and experiences
The charity holds regular raffles and auction events to which you can donate gifts or experiences.
Host a fundraiser?
Maybe you would like to host a fund raising event for CHANCE FOR NEPAL! What about holding a quiz night? Or a cake and coffee morning? A car boot sale?
Leap to it!
And of course if you are sporty you could maybe organize a sponsored swim or even run a marathon with proceeds going to CHANCE for Nepal.
The charity is open to ideas and grateful to any support people choose to give!
For example, a great initative by Dermot!
Dermot de Courcy Robinson, based in Newbury Berkshire has been painting portraits of famous people such as Bill Nighy, Mick Jagger and Winston Churchill. As he supports a couple of our Nepalese children, he has donated some of the proceeds of the sales of his paintings to help Chance for Nepal. Please see dermotrobinson on Instagram to see what he gets up to and one of his latest paintings (of the Dalai Lama) is shown here.
FUN fundraisers for CHANCE FOR NEPAL
- Dr Shamila Streshta, from the Kathmandu medical team, ran the Paris Marathon (2012) and Berlin Marathon (2014)
- In 2015 Tom Cullingham, media and film making student, directed the award winning film MAYA, donating 50% of the proceeds
- Andrea Matthews holds a yearly garage sale for CHANCE for NEPAL
- Jane and Brian, landlords at The Keep in Guildford UK hold regular quiz nights for CHANCE
- Jane Barr ran the New York marathon in November 2016
- Heather Yeadon ran the Barcelona Marathon in March 2018
- Steven Taylor and Luca Maurantonio – a Motorbike Challenge from Kathmandu to the Himalayas in April 2018
Or join the CHANCE 100 Club
For just £5 per calendar month or an annual payment of £60, the charity raises several thousand pounds annually – plus you have the CHANCE to win cash prizes of £120 – £80 – £50 in the monthly draw.
Nick Morrice, an English teacher and friend of CHANCE, went to Nepal and taught English at Triple Gem School. His book about the experience, ‘Discovered in Kathmandu’, was dedicated to CHANCE. Nick went on to ‘adopt’ a family of five boys, one of whom he has put through medical school and is now a doctor!
If you would like to make a donation to Chance for Nepal simply click below to view the different donation options available.